Traditional Pindi Chhole (Chickpeas) with Bhature in Healthy Style
Learn the art of making feather soft bhature served well with chickpeas or chole cooked in our traditional spices. It’s a famous North Indian dish. It’s a Punjabi dish named on pind a place in punjab. On the other side it is hot and delicious.
- Wok ( Kadhai )
- Pressure Cooker
For dough :
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Curd
For chickpeas (chhole) :
- 2 cups Soaked overnight Chickpeas
- Sliced Green Chilli
- Sliced Ginger
- Ghee or Oil
- Tomato (purée) 3-4 (tomatoes)
For garnishing :
- Sliced Green chilli
- Sliced Ginger
- Diced Paneer Cubes
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 Black cardamom
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Dry pomegranate seeds powder
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Red chilli
- ½ tbsp Yellow chilli
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
For chole :
- Boil over night soaked chickpeas in a pressure cooker for at-least 3-4 whistles after adding turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Take Some ghee or oil in a wok.
- Add clove, black cardamom, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, a pinch of asafoetida, cinnamon powder and three types of chillies ( red, yellow and black) in wok. Roast them.
- Add sliced green chilli and ginger. After few minutes pour tomato purée in wok
- Roast them. Add boiled chickpeas in wok.
- Cook on low flame for next 15-20 minutes. Our chole are set to be served.
Note : We can make bhature a from 100% wheat flour or all purpose flour . As we are trying to make healthy bhature so I m using 50% semolina and 50% all purpose flour
- Take a high hipped platter . Add 1 cup semolina and 1 cup all all purpose flour . Mix it .
- Add 1 cup curd. We are not us king baking soda or powderbecause it is again not healthy.
- Add water as much as you need in kneading the dough.
- knead the dough. It should be a semi soft dough. Shift dough in a bowl or any air right container.
- Gently apply some water with brush or hands on dough. Cover it with lid and keep dough at any warm place for 5-7 hours for process of fermentation.
- I keep it in my container of wheat flour to stay warm.
- After 7 hours we will be using olive oil in frying bhature.
- Keep olive in a frying pan on medium flame.
- Take a roll . Dust the board with flour. Roll it into a bhatura. You can also make bhature by greasing your hands as that’s the traditional method of making bhature. You can watch that in video . Gently fry the bhature until it get brown.
- We are good to serve our bhature.