Restaurant style corn chaat | Evergreen Chakhnaa | Party style starter
Chakna is enjoyed with liquor. It goes really well with that. You can make your party look more fancy with this mouthwatering starter. Sweet corn chaat is itself tasty and perfectly goes well like this. It is a spicy, tangy, and savory snack made using tender sweetcorn, onion, bell pepper and a few herbs and spices.
- A round pan
- Sweet corn kernels
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Butter/ ghee/ oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 inch Grated ginger
- Choped Green chilli
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Capsicum and bell peppers
- 1 tsp Red chilli
- 1 tsp Garam masala / Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Slice of Lemon
- Give a boil to sweet corns. Strain it and spread on cotton cloth. Leave for 5 minutes. Transfer this to a bowl. Add both the flours and salt , give it a mix. Fry it on low medium flame.
- In a pan/wok add some butter, roast cumin, ginger and chilli. Roast other veggies. Add all the spices.
- Lastly mix fried corn kernels to it. Sprinkle some chaat masala. SRve it a slice of lemon and garnish with coriander or parsley leaves.
Let corn kernels dry nicely. Fry while covering with lid. Mix corn at last or while serving. It can turn into soggy. Lemon can add flavours to it.