Puff pastries in 3 different styles
Puff pastry in an Indian fusion recipe.
- Microwave or otg to bake
1. For Pastry Sheet
- 3 cup All purpose flour or Maida
- 2 tbsp Any cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Iced water or Cold water
2. For Potato Stuffing
- 3-4 medium-sized Boiled potatoes
- 1 medium-sized Chopped onion
- 2-3 Chopped green chillies
- Handful of coriander/mint leaves
3. For Paneer Stuffing
- 100 gms Paneer
- 1 medium-sized Chopped onion(optional)
- Handful of coriander / Fenugreek leaves
4. For Cheese Stuffing
- 100 gm Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper
- A pinch of rock salt
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Pomegranate seed powder
- Salt to taste
1. Process for making Pastry sheets and dough
- Take a large bowl add 3 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp cooking oil. Give it a gentle mix.
- Knead a semi soft dough by adding iced water or cold water to the bowl.
- Cover your dough with a wet cotton cloth and put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, dust floor with flour, knead dough and roll it into smooth pastry sheet with 0.5 cm thickness.
- Uniformly apply butter to the sheet and fold sheet into layers as shown on YouTube video. Wrap your sheet material in cling wrap and let it settle in freezer for half hour. We have to repeat same step at-least 3 times.
2. Process for making potato stuffing
- Take a wok add some oil. Roast green chilli, onions and all the spices. Add mashed potatoes, roast it little and your first stuffing is ready.
3. Process for making paneer stuffing
- Take a wok add some oil. Roast green chilli, onions and all the spices. Add paneer, roast it little, add fenugreek/coriander leaves and your second stuffing is ready.
4. Process for making cheese stuffing
- Grate some cheese and mix it with oregano and chilli flakes. your third stuffing is also ready.
5. Final process of making puff pastries
- Uniformly roll pastry sheet with a thickness of 1/3 cm. Cut sides with a pizza cutter or simply by knife.
- Cut according to your desired shapes of puff pastries. Apply different stuffing in pastry sheet. Don't press the sheet while folding as it might compress layers of stuffed puffs.
- Apply butter and milk wash on the upper side of veg puffs. Place in microwave or OTG or you can make in pan. In microwave, we will place it for about 200° Celsius, conventional mode for 25 minutes. Your veg puffs are ready. Serve it with chutney of your choice.