Protein bomb | Masoor dal kebab
Low calorie snack..?? Does they exist...! Yes, today we are making a snack like this. Calorie content : 40 cal. Per serving. Masoor dal kebab or Protein bombs is a low calorie vegetarian starter or appetizers. This pulse is the powerhouse of the nutrients. It is the supreme ingredient for most weight loss diets. It has high fiber content, essential vitamins, proteins and other nutrients. A cup of masoor dal has near about 230 calories. It has various positive impact on one’s healthy and body. It’s very delicious, low fat, protein rich and easy to make vegetarian starter/appetizer.
- 1 cup Boiled & Strained masoor dal (lentil)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot grated
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, Ginger and Green chili paste
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Crushed paneer (an Indian cottage cheese)
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- Sea Salt to taste
- Take masoor dal in pressure cooker with some water. Let it cook for 4-5 whistles. Strain excess water. Leave in the strainer for half an hour .
- Take a bowl add above strained lentil and all veggies above mentioned or of your choice. Paneer will add in protein content of your diet. Add all the spices. you can use any salt, I particularly use Sea salt or rock salt in my daily life. Add breadcrumbs to bind intro a dough.
- Make kebabs while applying some oil in your hands.
- Cook it in a pan or simply bake this. Your massor dal kebabs are ready. Dont deep fry, this will increase its calorie content.
- Garnish with chaat masala and serve well with coriander chutney and tomato sauce.
- For more tips and tricks, watch our YouTube video.