What a delightful combination of Jalebis and icecream...!! it’s simply a divine combo. Icecream is a Sweetened food typically eaten as a snack or a desert generally made from dairy milk or cream.A couple of months ago my husband got bored eating icecreams. Then I started executing new ideas on how to remake an icecream. By chance, I discovered jalebi icecream as his one of the favourite sweet dish is jalebi’s. So I simply added jalebi in icecream and truly I accept that little chunks of jalebi left in an icecream will increase its delicious flavour.
- 1 litre Cow milk
- 6 tbsp Custard powder
- 100 gram Sugar
- 1 cup Cream or malai
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Lemon juice or Milk
- Saffron strands
- Take a pan or pot. Keep 1-litre milk for boiling. Reduce it till 3/4th quantity that means little thick.
- Dilute custard powder in milk. Add this mixture to the pan by continously stirring it. Roast it for 3-4 minutes. Add sugar and cream (or malai) to it. Let it cool down. Transfer the mixture to a closed container and freeze this for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take a large bowl. Add all-purpose flour, curd, vinegar, and baking soda. Make a smooth mixture. Let it rest for 5-7 minutes. Add this mixture in an icing bag. Take a flat pan and deep fry your jalebi's as shown in youtube video.
- Take a pan, add 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water and make 1 tar sugar syrup. Add saffron strands to it. You can add lime juice or milk for clearing the syrup. Dip your jalebi in sugar syrup, turn it and take it out in a bowl in 2 minutes.
- Crush your jalebi and add it to your icecream. Mix it with electric beater and put in freezer for approx 8-10 hours. Repeat the same step 2 times for icreasing creaminess of your icecream.
- Your Jalebi ice cream is ready. You are good to serve.