How to make Basic Vegetable Polao
Vegetable pulao is simply a combination of rice with seasonable vegetables. Today due to covid19, I am coming with a basic vegetable pulao recipe. People are not left with much ingredients at there home. It’s a pulao from less ingredients. You can further on add any seasonable vegetables and dry fruits.
- Wok ( Kadhai )
- Chopped Beans
- Thin Sliced Potato
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Finely Chopped Chillies
- Black Salt (opt.)
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Dry Pomegranate Seeds Powder (opt.)
- Bay Leaves
- Cumin Seeds
- Yellow Chilli (opt.)
- Garam Masala (opt.)
- Finely Chopped Coriander / Mint Leaves
- Roasted Dry Fruits
- Take a wok (Kadhai). Add 1 tbsp ghee or oil. When it gets little warm then we will add 1 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, 3-4 bay leaves and some chopped green chillies.
- Add finely chopped onions and potato . Sauté them.
- After 3-4 minutes we will add chopped beans to our wok, Roast them.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp yellow chilli, 1 tsp dry pomegranate seeds powder, 1 tsp garam masala to our wok, Roast them.
- We are using high quality organic basmati rice. We have soaked our rice in double amount of water as of rice for 20 minutes. We will pour soaked rice with its water to our wok .
- Add a pinch of black salt. Black salt enhances the taste of any dish. Add sea salt around 3 tbsp(you can add salt as per your taste). Keep your flame high. When the water starts boiling.Cover it with a lid for 4-5 minutes. Lower down the flame.
- After 5 minutes you can check whether your basic vegetable pulao is ready or not. With a help of turner stir rice from sides with low pace to avoid break down .
- Cover it with lid for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Then you are good to serve after resting it in wok for 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves or mint leaves and dry fruits of your choice.
Serving Ideas: Indian vegetable pulao is traditionally served with cucumber raita or onion raita, papad and pickle. In south Indian states like Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu, it is served and enjoyed with coconut chutney. It is a perfect dish for bachelors to make for dinner.