Homemade Indian Cottage cheese (Paneer)
My must have food!!I add cottage cheese to my daily diet as it is rich in protein and calcium too. It keeps me full and i can prepare this at home. Yeah ! I can make diced cottage cheese at my place. That is something anyone can make after practicising it with a effective technique we together can achieve anything.
- A pan
- 1 litre Milk
- 2 tbsp White vinegar/ Lemon juice
- Boil milk in the pan. Let it cool down slightly. (not much as it may become difficult to curdle it later)
- Take a small bowl, dilute some White vinegar OR Lime juice in water. I prefer white vinegar as it requires less washing later. Pour this into pan and your milk will start curdling.
- After few minutes, simply sieve it. Wash it with fresh water at-least 2 times. Wrap an Indian cottage cheese that is paneer in a muslin cloth. Put some heavy material on it. let it sit like this for 15 minutes.
- Your Indian cottage cheese i.e Paneer is ready to diced, grated or simply store in refrigerator.
- Personally I recommend white vinegar is best substance to curdle dairy food.
- Pressing with heavy material is required to give it required shape.
For more queries watch my youtube video and you can ping me.