Crispy ladyfinger / Kurkuri bhindi / Yummiest okra
This recipe is specially designed for a person who want to eat veggies in crispy way or hates ladyfinger. I have baked this dish which can be eaten as snack too, it is far better than fried one. You can control oil usage. Your friends and family will love this dish. You can eat this with bread too. You can fry the same.
- Oven / OTG / Microwave / pan / Wok
Ingredients for marinate
- 2 tbsp Gram flour
- 2 tsp Cornflour or arrawrot powder
- 1 tsp Red pepper
- 1 tbsp Roasted cumin
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala (OPT.)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Ginger - Garlic paste (OPT.)
- 1 tbsp Lemon / Lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- water as needed
Ingredients for garnishing
- Chaat masala
- Lemon wedges
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves
For marinating :-
- Take a big bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix well and add water only as per need. Only add salt while this, if you are going to bake now.
- Wash well and strain ladyfinger, then cut ladyfinger vertically into 4 parts. Add this to the above bowl. Gently mix with your hands or spatula.
For cooking :-
- First, we can place a parchment paper on baking tray and cook it for 25-30 minutes on 180 degree Celsius in pre-heated OTG or an oven. After 15 minutes, do turn them.
- Secondly, you can fry this. Do remove seeds before marinating. Fry on medium flame.
- Thirdly, you can microwave it for appropriate time.
- Lastly, you can use a non sticky pan and cook while covering lid. Using lid is most important in this manner. If getting sticky add some oil.
For garnishing :-
- After cooking, place crispy ladyfingers in a bowl or serving plate. Garnish with all the ingredients for it.
Some important tips :-
- Individually, I believe baked ones are far better crispier than fried ones.
- You can marinate and keep in fridge for some time, but don't add salt to it. Due to salt, it may release water.
- Add little water to make a moderate consistency batter, neither thick nor thin.
- Its advisable to check while cooking process, as time may vary little.
- Chaat masala and lemon makes this dish complete.
- You can add more spices but, "I believe simplicity is the key."