Types of Lachha Parantha
Lachha parantha is one of among crispiest and yummiest flatbreads which is unique. In punjabi lachha means layers so as the name says, this flatbread contains multiple layers. Today I am going to share 6 different styles of making of this flatbreads.
- A pan
- 250g Wheatflour or all purpose flour
- Ghee/oil / butter for greasing
- As reqd. Water
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch (degi mirch)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Carom seeds (ajowain)
- 1 tbsp Black seeds (kalonji)
- Knead a soft dough of any flour with the help of water. Apply some ghee/oil and knead for a minute or so.
1. Twirl Lachha Parantha
- Roll little flour in form of flatbread. Apply some ghee and cut vertically. Now place layer on each other. fold it vertically in form of straw. Twirl it as shown in video. Again roll down it.
- Cook from both the sides. Serve with ghee and any vegetable made at home.
2. Chilli Lachha Parantha
- In a bowl, add Kashmiri Lal Mirch (kind of a chilli which is no at all spicy, only used to provide colour), ghee and some salt. Mix it properly.
- Roll little flour in form of flatbread. Apply the above paste and fold vertically simply just like a chinese fan. It reminds me of my school days. Gently start rollling from one side and again roll it into flatbread.
- Cook from both sides untill desired crispiness. You can easily observe layers of chilli on this flatbread. Enjoy with butter/ghee or any vegetable.
3. Endless layer Cumin Lachha Parantha
- In this you can give endless layers to your flatbread. Roll little flour in form of flatbread. Apply some ghee and cut in form of checks. Stack all the pieces on each other as shown in video & apply cumin on topmost layer. Gently press and roll it again.
- Apply ghee and cook lachha parantha. Enjoy with butter/ghee.
4. Ajowain (Carom seeds) Lachha Parantha
- Roll a flatbread, apply ghee and spread some crushed carom seeds. Cut horizontally as well as vertically. Stack (as above 3 one) and roll again. Cook on both sides.
- Serve with ghee/butter or curd. This is one of the best lachha parantha for the person having stomache, headache or feeling gaseous. It makes your internal system and gut healthy.
5. Kalonji (Black seed) Lachha Parantha
- Roll little flour in form of flatbread. Apply some ghee and cut vertically. Roll each layer like shown in video. Gently press it and apply some black seeds on one side. Roll into flatbread and cook both the sides.
- Friends black seed has multple benefits for skin, hair ,healthy almost everything. Try to eat it twicely in a week.
6. Chilli Cyclone Lachha Parantha
- Roll little flour in form of flatbread. Apply some paste (recipe in 3). Cut from one side (radius ). Start rolling like hurricane. Open layers and it will look like Rose. Gently press and roll in flatbread form.
- 80% people love this kind of paranthas. Cook and serve well.
First and foremost, all of the above are a must have recipes of flatbread. Enjoy and it will turn your boring meal into a delicious one. Secondly some ingredients which I am using have multiple benefits in our busy lifestyle. I recommend you all to include such healthy seeds in your daily lives for better nourishment.